New Device Self-service Reactivation
This page contains instructions for new device self-service reactivation. For example, if you have a new phone and need to set up the Duo app on that new device. This process only works if the phone number stays the same.
Use an incognito browser window to log in to any BYU website. (What is incognito?)
- To enter incognito on MAC using Chrome or Safari browser press: command + Shift + N
- To enter incognito on Windows using Chrome or Edge browser press: Ctrl + Shift + N
- To enter incognito on a MAC using Firefox press: Shift + command + P
- To enter incognito on a Windows using Firefox press: Shift + Ctrl + P
- When the Duo prompt appears, click “need help”. (Do not approve the push you receive on your phone.)
- Click “Activate Duo Mobile” in the “I got a new phone” section.
- Click the "Text me a link" button.
- Click on the link you receive via text message to activate the app.
- Click the "Continue" button to proceed to sign in with the newly activated app.
*If you do not receive the text message link or have any other problems activating your device, please contact the Technology Support Center at (801) 422-4000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.